You don't need to suffer with crooked teeth or wire and metal orthodontic braces anymore. Dr. Streko proudly offers Invisalign for discreet smile correction.
"After years and years of not liking my teeth, forcing me to cover my mouth when I smiled, I finally decided to do something about it. After a complete exam, Dr. Streko laid out all of my options and the corresponding treatment plans.
My smile is now even better than I could dream was possible! How do you thank someone for fulfilling a dream? I just smile!"
Invisalign lets you straighten teeth on your terms
Once upon a time, the person affected by crooked, crowded teeth had no choice for treatment. When orthodontic treatment was finally developed, it seemed as though care was designed for the teen, who would don metal brackets, wires, and bands for a few years during high school. Today, the floodgates of optimal orthodontic care have opened and we are now seeing that as much as 25 percent of those seeking orthodontic care are adults.
In the past decade, there has been a strong push to make orthodontic treatment more discreet. The first advance was the development of clear brackets and wires. This improvement met the need for a less noticeable process, but still had disadvantages. Orthodontic treatment really advanced was when the aligner method of straightening teeth became available.
Invisalign is a system designed to straighten teeth not only in the most discreet way, but also in the way that is most comfortable. Correcting misalignment with aligners has a number of benefits for the teen or adult who can commit to wearing appliances at least 22 hours a day.
- Aligners are removable, which means that there are no limitations to what you can eat. With bracket braces, certain foods pose a risk to appliances. Even "safe" foods can be inconvenient, becoming stuck behind the arch wire where debris can be difficult to clean. Through Invisalign treatment, aligners are simply removed for meals and snacks.
- Removable aligners also make it easier to care for teeth adequately in the twelve to eighteen months of treatment. This is quite a long time to have to brush and floss around metal brackets and a wire that runs through them. With Invisalign, oral care can remain efficient for the prevention of cavities and other concerns.
- The precision in the making of aligners facilitates predictable results. In fact, patients can glimpse their result before beginning their orthodontic journey thanks to a detailed 3-dimensional video created in the Invisalign lab.
- Without metal brackets, Invisalign is more comfortable than conventional braces. The aligners have no sharp edges to catch lips or cheeks, just smooth, clear, plastic trays that resemble a mouth guard.
- Teens and adults do not have to forgo their natural smile during special events or important meetings. Invisalign aligners are barely noticeable. It is also possible to remove aligners for a short period for such occasions.
- Teeth are gently encouraged into proper position through a series of aligners. Without the necessary task of tightening wires, there are fewer visits required to achieve your smile goals.
Invisalign is an effective solution for mild to moderate misalignment, capable of correcting issues such as overbite or underbite. To learn more about Invisalign from a dentist with ten-plus years of experience with this procedure, call 908-654-0095. We serve the areas of Westfield, Mountainside, Garwood, and more.